Looking for answers?
We're here to help!
Listed below, we have provided answers to our most common questions. If you still don't find what you're looking for, get in touch here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.
We support all browsers. However, we recommend you use Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the latest features.
Our platform is cloud-based and you can register online to have access to it at your convenience. In addition, we have a mobile version for field users; you can download it on Android and iOS app stored login using your account details.
There are three ways in which you can collect data about your assets:
- Create an asset manually - In the Asset/Inventory section, you can create new assets under their corresponding categories. First, choose your asset category. Use the “Create New” button and fill the mandatory fields (*).
- Import data using our templates - Go to Import page in the main menu on the left. Use our CSV templates to collect your asset data. Each field includes a clear description of the type of data. You only need to fill and upload the templates according to the instructions. Also, if you are a subscriber of the Advanced or Premium Plan, our team will be happy to prepare and upload that information for you.
- Collect data using connected tracking devices and sensors - We work with some of the best providers of dongles and sensors in the market to offer you a solution that fits your budget and helps you make further savings. See our Tracking Devices section for more information on the devices and their pricing.
You can manage all kind of fixed-assets with our flexible platform. The default assets include vehicles, computers, printers, and mobiles. Also, our Advanced Plan includes up to 5 custom asset categories, 10 with our Premium plan. Get in touch with us and tell us about your specific needs. We will be happy to help you!
You can create Users under the Company Management section. There are three roles to choose from depending on the level of responsibility and access you want to provide to your users. These roles are:
- Admin - full functionalities including user creation/management
- Asset Manager - full control except user creation
- Asset User and/or Scan Manager - limited functionalities
Please contact us if you need to include additional roles based on your operations.
- You can add cost data to your assets by importing data through the Import/Costs module.
- For fuel expenses, our mobile app for field users, allow them to create reports (i.e. fuel invoices data, scan/attach receipts)
- If you need any help to import supplier invoices please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or click here.
Normally it takes around 1 second to import a row. For example, importing 100 rows would take around 1 minute 40 seconds to complete.
- No, you can include information about other events related to your assets’ such as maintenance, controls, damages, and warranties as well as the state they are in (e.g. requested, ordered, delivered, active, retired). These provide you with a complete history and lifecycle view of your assets’ history. You can access this information under “Inventory” or “Activity” in the main menu. And, to import this information, you can use our Import Module and the corresponding easy to use templates. What are Company Organisations and why do I need them?
- We have created three types of organisational structures to help you map your business processes and facilitate the allocation of your assets (and their associated costs). You can find these organisational structures under the Company Management section. These are:
- Legal Entities (mandatory) - You might want to differentiate for accounting purposes how you assign your assets by legal entities: your main business and its subsidiaries.
- HR Structure (optional) - In this section, you can map the various functions/roles in your business (e.g. Directors, Managers, Employee). In this way, you can assign your assets to them accordingly.
- Custom Organisational Structure - Under this section, you can create other organisational structures to assign your assets. You may want to allocate your assets/users to Projects, Locations, Business Units and so on.
First, review your Import History to see any observations made by our Import Module. Issues could include using the incorrect CSV separator, for example using a. “,” instead of a “;”. Also, you need to make sure that all the columns have matching CSV column headers (i.e. Asset ID). If problems persist, please contact us. We will be happy to help. And, do not forget that with the Advanced and Premium Plans you can leave the data import to us!
Depending on the number of assets and the type of data you need us to import for you (e.g. assets, users, invoices, contracts), it can take us just a couple of hours, up to 5 working days. Once you’ve sent us your data we’ll confirm when the job will be done.
Once you’ve subscribed we’ll get in touch with you within 24 hours so you can give us more details about the asset types and custom fields required. We’ll then confirm the timelines to complete the job for you. We usually take 2 to 5 working days.
If this happens it is most likely we are already aware of the issue and working to fix it asap (usually within the day). Feel free to get in touch with us via chat so we can update you on our progress and confirm when you can expect to get access to your account.
When trying to access my instance I have display issues (“white page”, “application won’t load”), what should I do?
You may want to check the type/version of your browser. We recommend you use the latest version of Chrome, Firefox or Edge for a better experience.
BulbThings is a web app, which means you are relying on your internet connection to access it. First please check your company’s internal network or any alternative connectivity you are using at the time you are accessing BulbThings. If the problems persist, please contact us ay firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
You can create User profiles under the Users section. There are three user types to choose from depending on the level of responsibility and access you want to provide to your employee. These types are:
- Admin - web app access, full functionalities including user creation/management
- Asset manager - web app access, full control except accessing the import section
- Asset user/ scan manager - mobile app access
Why can’t I allocate my users to organisation structures? Why can’t I allocate fuel cards (or other cards) to Users?
BulbThings is an asset-centric app. By allocating assets to organisational structures, then assigning those assets to Users, your Users are automatically allocated to the same organisational structures.
First, review your Import History to see any observations made by our Import Module. Issues could include using the incorrect CSV separator, for example using a. “,” instead of a “;”. Also, make sure that all the required columns have matching CSV columns in your file. If problems persist, please contact us. We will be happy to help. Lastly, do not forget that with the Advanced and Premium Plans you can leave the data import to us!
Oops, that’s annoying! Most often a simple refresh of the page should do. Sometimes you may have to logout and back again. Still doesn’t appear? Please contact us to let us know so we can fix it for you.
If you have forgotten your password, please use the “Forgot Password” link under the login button. You only need to provide the email you used to create your account and a temporary password will be provided via email. Once you are logged in, you can change your password.
You can change your password at any time by clicking on the upper right corner the pull-down menu and selecting My Settings. There you can update your password under Personal Information.
After a period of inactivity of 60 days, we automatically disable your account. But don’t worry, we have not deleted your data! Please send us an email to email@example.com with the subject header “Reactivate account” using the email from the user with Admin clearance, and we will be happy to welcome you back!
The mobile app is using by default the language of your phone. If you want to change it, you need to update the language in the settings of your phone.
If you have forgotten your password, please use the “Forgot Password” link next to the login button. You only need to provide the email you used to create your account and a temporary password will be provided via email. Once you logged in, you can change your password.
You can change your password at any time by clicking on the upper right corner the drop-down menu and selecting My Settings. There you can update your password under Personal Information.
Please check if you haven’t received a notification email from us about the deactivation of your account. After a period of inactivity of 60 days, we automatically de-activate your account. But don’t worry, we have not deleted your data! Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Reactivate account” using the email from the user with Admin clearance, and we will be happy to welcome you back!
- Yes, your data is secure with us! Our platform is hosted by the most secure datacenter providers in Europe. And we are able to provide hosting solutions outside Europe too. If you have specific data hosting needs, please contact us.
There are two ways of ordering dongles.
- You can go into the section Tracking Devices, and select the type of dongles you would like to order. For each type of dongles, you can see a preview of the widgets it will enable on your session. Click on the button 'Get a quote', elect the number of dongles you would like, add a message, and it will send us a mail with your request.
- You can send us a mail, at email@example.com, and ask for advices and/or order directly from us.
The first thing to do is to associate the dongles to your vehicles in BulbThings.
So, first of all, make sure you created the vehicles on your session. Take care of filling the field for the current mileage, to avoid any risk of discrepancy in the mileage reporting.
Then, you can either send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the association between the vehicles (License Plates) and the dongles (IMEI number), or you can associate the dongles manually in the section Tracking Devices/My Sensors.
Finally, as soon as you receive the dongles, just plug them into the associated vehicles, and start driving. You will see the data displayed accordingly on BulbThings!
You can find those data:
- On the Dashboard, in the widget Last Locations, which displays the last locations of your connected assets.
- On the profile of your vehicle, in the Overview tab. You will see the widget Location with the map showing the last trips of the selected vehicle.
- On the profile of your vehicle, in the Tracking tab. You will see 3 widgets, displaying the Mileage, the Fuel Consumption and the Driving Behaviour for the selected asset.
Also, the dongles will automatically update the mileage of your vehicles. So the related KPIs are updated, as well as the widget Activity, in the vehicle profile, Activity tab.
First of all, check in the section Tracking Devices/My Sensors if the dongles are associated to the correct vehicles.
If yes, then make sure the user of the vehicle is actually driving the car. If they are, then contact us here or by mail at email@example.com.
If not, then you can associate them yourself on this page. Or you can send us a mail with the association between your vehicles (License Plates) and the IMEI number of the dongles.